giovedì 20 gennaio 2011

Tips for a rainy day

Seeing as everyday life is SERIOUSLY getting me down, I try my very best to stay positive.

1.) By looking at very inspiring art. I like to put myself in the artist's shoes. What made them come up with this idea? Was it an accident? Or was it calculated, formulated, and hard earned? The best part is they're practically unanswerable questions. Which allows me to think and consider. (And takes my mind of the stuff thats bugging me..




all taken from: Boyobsolete at etsy

2.) Thinking about huge concepts. Like when the earth was formed, how it looked when one second there was complete darkness, and the next there was light. It's a huge concept. It's so big, it makes any possible reason for you may have for panicking or worrying feel small and ridiculously insignificant!
If it's worse than just a normal case of worrying, I think about God, and how he has a plan for me. It helps me to realise that even though the small details of life frustrate me, there's a bigger plan. Over and above that, it reminds me that even though I'm a control freak galore, at the end of the day, I have no control and I never will.



3.) If possible I try to face the problem head on. Usually I can tell what's bugging me by thinking of different things going on in my life, and when I get a nervous, sick feeling in my stomach, that's it. If it's something I can sort out, I do. If I can't I...

4.) Do something that makes me relax. Watching glee, starting a knitting project, talking to some of the fantastic people in my life, and generally try to get things into perspective!

What do you do??

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento