martedì 5 aprile 2011

A very special Tuesday..

So today is our dad's birthday, and in his honour I decided to take a short trip down memory lane. Seeing as he's not a big birthday person, and might actually be offended by my posting of this, I'm going to keep it short, to the point, and not too sentimental!

I was looking through some old photographs and I thought maybe I'd share a few here..

We've had some really hard times in the past few years, but we've had some really great ones too! And I absolutely know that we would never be where we are today without his ability to make us smile, his wonderful coffee and his love for God! (To name a few!)

This is from my dad's birthday a few years ago
During one of our beach holidays..
I absolutely love this photo..

After his performance as a matador!
A traumatic memory, this one..
Dad, I don't believe there's anyone on this planet who has an ability to make people smile like you do! I really feel so blessed to have a father like you. So many girls would die to have what I have, a father who loves God, loves his wife, and also his very rowdy and somewhat annoying kids (obviously, I, Ale, would not fall into the annoying category.. Can't say the same for the others :D ) Jokes aside, so many of my happiest memories have you in them, and I am so unbelievably grateful for everything you and mom sacrificed for us, and how you have both demonstrated to us everyday what it means to obey God.

Thank you so much for everything. I hope that today is really a wonderful day, even though you hate birthdays!!!
Looking forward to a salad and a glass of water with you tonight. (With fillet and some cake on the side.. obviously!)
Lots of love
Ale.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento